Two Employment Opportunities are available at this time.
The role of the Pastor is to assist the Elders in overseeing the life and direction of the church. The Pastor will have a firm grasp on the purpose, values and strategy of the church and the ability to align ordained and lay staff and key leadership teams with its mission. The Pastor will offer pastoral leadership to the congregation alongside clergy and lay ministers. The Pastor will ensure that the systems, practices, and policies of the church responsibly and effectively support its ministry activities.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Preaching and teaching: The Pastor will be the primary preacher for worship services. The Pastor also will provide leadership in planning and executing the Adult Education programs and other programs in discipleship and ministry training, in coordination with other ordained and lay leaders.
2. Strategic leadership and planning: The Pastor is responsible for strategic planning and staff coordination in the execution of the church’s purpose. The Pastor will define strategic goals and vision as a key leader among staff and elders and implement the plan by:
a. Coordinating/leading weekly staff meetings and other activities to clarify and execute goals and objectives.
b. Monitoring the spiritual pulse of the congregation through review and accountability.
c. Ensuring staffing, facilities and programs are effectively aligned to meet strategic goals.
3. Staff supervision and development: The Pastor serves as director to ordained and lay staff and lay volunteers, and leads, evaluates, and mentors existing staff in their respective areas of ministry by:
a. Overseeing staff training and development.
b. Hiring and dismissing staff and prioritizing staff additions after consultation and guidance from the elders.
c. Providing leadership to the pastoral staff in the design and implementation of all church ministries.
d. Working with the Personnel Team to implement salary reviews and recommendations.
e. Maintaining efficient and effective lines of communication between the staff and elders.
f. Serving as HR manager – oversee the negotiation of insurance and other benefits, conduct performance evaluations, and provide ongoing informal performance feedback.
4. Administration: The Pastor oversees and executes the administration of the church through appropriate staff and lay leadership teams, and ensures the completion of ministry, business, facility, and logistical support functions through staff and lay volunteers. He must:
a. Oversee the pastoral care needs of the congregation and, as necessary, share with other ordained and lay ministers in hospital visitation, home visits, counseling, marriages and funerals.
b. Supervise the Office Manager and provide direction, as needed, for the effective functioning of the front office support functions.
c. Oversee development of and adherence to church policies and procedures.
The primary responsibilities of the worship leader will be to lead a thoroughly blended worship service, and grow the music ministry at First Baptist Church in Elkins, Arkansas. This person is directly accountable to the Pastor. The candidate will possess an adaptable skill set and leadership capabilities, which will enable a worship ministry to grow with us as we add a second service and develop special worship events on campus and in our community.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Continue to grow and mature in Christ as a godly person of integrity. Strong sense of calling and identity in Christ. Demonstrated leadership in being able to disciple those in his/her sphere of influence.
2. Provide leadership, vision, and passion for First Baptist Church in the area of music worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of our church. Lead in creating and implementing new worship opportunities, which align with the mission and vision at First Baptist Church.
3. Coordinate with the Pastor to create and lead two well-planned and engaging Sunday morning worship services and one Sunday Evening service. This includes leading the Sunday Worship services and recruiting and developing a worship team, and scheduling vocalists.
4. Proficiency in leading worship with a strong vocal ability. Capability of leading and with a guitar and/or keyboard is a plus, but not a requirement. Ability to lead with piano accompaniment is necessary.
5. Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
6. Attend a weekly staff meeting with the Pastor, and participate in the planning and implementation of church programs that will fulfill the mission and vision of the church.
7. Assist in planning, implementing and leading worship for special events outside of Sunday worship services.
8. When available, perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
9. Either currently is a member of, or willing and qualified to join the membership of First Baptist Church upon hiring in full agreement of our statement of faith.